Solutions for Your Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Engagement (EDI&E) Journey
Let us help you strategically leverage Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Engagement (EDI&E) to enhance your workplace culture, regional optics, workforce attraction/retention and tap into new markets!
Services that Drive Results
- Keynote Speaking & Workshops
- Business Consulting Services
- Community Dialogue & Engagement
- Executive/Management EDI&E Consulting & Leadership Development
- Asian American & Pacific Islander Career Coaching & Leadership Development
- Strategic Planning/Offsite Retreats
- Team Building & Engagement Retreats
- Training & Development Solutions
5 Keys for Successful EDI&E Journey
- Define equity, diversity, inclusion and engagement
- Secure commitment from leadership AND middle managers vs. leadership alone (due to “Frozen Middle”)
- Be proactive vs. reactive
- Have measurable strategic plan w/outcomes that is reviewed regularly vs. counting activities/people
- Manage expectations: ongoing journey vs. overnight quick fixes
is what we have access to.
fair and just opportunities systematically → Equal Outcomes
is what we have.
racial/ethnic, gender, perspectives, leadership styles, etc.
is what we do.
inviting to the table, letting voices be heard, involving in the process
is what we feel.
feeling valued, making a difference, sense of belonging
Executive/Management EDI&E Consulting & Leadership Development
- I want to use my power, privilege, purpose and platform for a purpose, but how can I genuinely do this without making it feel like it’s a covered act?
- My company wants to implement diversity and inclusion initiatives, but as a manager I have lots of concerns about chasing buzz words and frankly don’t believe it will work.
- My competitors are embarking on EDI&E initiatives, but why should I?
- I know we need to diversify our leadership team, but it’s challenging to find qualified internal candidates.
These are some authentic reflections executives and managers are having as they contemplate EDI&E strategies in the workplace. Their role and commitment has significant impact on employee engagement, workplace culture and the ultimate success to drive positive strategic changes with EDI&E.
As a Certified Diversity Executive, Sarika Bhakta consults with executives and managers individually and/or in leadership workshops to help them understand EDI&E is an ongoing journey that begins at the personal level. Through self-examination of one’s relationships, purpose, role and worldview (assumptions and perceptions), authentic leadership is explored to ensure beliefs and values align with their actions. Self-examination and openness is critical for leaders’ positive development and personal growth improving their management style, organizational function and overall confidence.
Asian American Pacific Islander Career Coaching & Leadership Development
- I’m perceived as a “Model Minority” causing cultural biases to impact my career progression. I need to gain tools to empower myself to debunk this myth while advocating for myself.
- I am struggling with authentically embracing my core values while aligning them with my traditional cultural norms.
- How can I develop a strong diverse network of advocates to elevate myself and advance my professional aspirations?
- I’m only known to be a Worker Bee, but how can I demonstrate my potential to be the Queen Bee?
From a racial/ethnic perspective in the United States, the Asian American & Pacific Islander (AAPI) population in the United States is the fastest growing group projected to be the largest immigrant group by 2055 as well as the fastest consumer group, both domestically and globally. Yet, they are significantly underrepresented in leadership positions as well as one of the most understudied, underreported and overlooked groups to date.
Due to globalization, technology and demographic changes our workplace and marketplace have diversified significantly creating the urgency to cultivate more AAPI leadership to successfully compete in a global economy with growing influential Asian markets.
Breaking through the Bamboo Ceiling requires both sides to chip away at this in order for significant gains to be made with more AAPIs in leadership roles. From the top side, prevailing Western leadership stereotypes and biases can negatively stall an AAPI’s career. From the bottom side, An AAPI’s educational journey, cultural values and upbringing could be the foundation of their preexisting behaviors and expectations. We provide expert knowledge via career coaching and development to accelerate an AAPI’s leadership career to effectively impact change and transform mindset.
Strategic Planning/Offsite Retreats
In today’s highly competitive global business environment, an EDI&E journey requires a strategic road map to help your organization navigate a challenging and ongoing journey with unexpected turns and twists along the way. Our strategic planning services range from planning, facilitating, and executing offsite strategic planning retreats to helping you develop an EDI&E Plan.
Our goal is to ensure that your EDI&E Plan:
- Is manageable, measurable and comprehensive
- Is integrated with your organization’s overall strategic plan
- Involves a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team to focus on fostering enterprise-wide engagement
- Consists of a 10-step process with clearly defined objectives, assessments, measurements, development of programs/initiatives, etc.
Community/Regional Dialogue & Engagement
What’s your community, region or state’s culture?
A) Melting Pot → Homogeneous
B) Layered Salad → Siloed
C) Tossed Salad → Integrated
On one side of the spectrum you could have a very homogeneous region lacking diversity which impedes attraction/retention of diverse workforce, businesses and residents impacting development and growth. On the other side of the spectrum, you may have all the diversity living in a big metro area, but diverse community groups are too siloed due to lack of interaction and engagement. All it takes is ONE incident to pit one racial/ethnic neighborhood group against another. ONE political decision to pit one religious group against another.
With increased diversity are we seeing more group polarization occurring? Enhancing interaction between groups increases awareness, tolerance and cultural competency. Ultimately decreasing biases and crimes creating a safe, fun and vibrant quality of life for your region.
- Facilitate community dialogue/engagement to foster coalition building
- Serve as subject matter expert on EDI&E community/economic development initiatives
- Host Ambassador Workshops for business, community and regional leaders to create advocates and champions
Learning & Development Solutions
Learning and development solutions customized to meet your needs and integrated with your strategic business plan to ensure sustainable ROI. We deliver solutions by creating a safe and inclusive training environment that engages participants while developing their authentic self. More importantly enables them to gain critical EDI&E skills to apply immediately in their workplace enhancing overall workplace culture while improving processes, programs and procedures. Participants will acquire skills via multi-prong learning components ranging from training exercises, group and video-based dialogues to interactive lectures.
- EDI&E Cultural Competency
- Effective Cultural Communications – Beyond Words
- Bridging Generational Intelligence
- Anti-Harassment Workplace Culture
- Race, Power & Privilege
- Inspiring Women is Empowering Women
- Lifting the Veil on the Asian Immigrant Experience in the Workplace
- Managing Your Mind Consciously: The Impact of Unconscious Bias & Micro-inequities
What’s Your Workplace & Community Culture Like?
Melting Pot Culture
Dominant culture prevails leading to assimilation to occur creating a very homogenous environment where groupthink is highly valued.
Layered Salad Culture
Diversity exists in the workplace and big metro areas where people and community groups maintain their unique identity (racial, ethnic, religious, etc.), but group polarization occurs leading to siloed teams/groups.
Tossed Salad Culture
Diversity of people, thoughts, perspectives, experiences, etc. are valued creating inclusive and engaging environments leading to integrated teams and community groups. Integration increases awareness, tolerance and cultural competency while decreasing biases and crimes.
Our solutions can help your talent gain/enhance interpersonal skills as it pertains to EDI&E. Statistics illustrate, people typically don’t leave companies, they leave bad managers who contribute to a negative workplace culture. On the same token, people look to a safe diverse quality of life and whether or not they feel included and engaged in one’s community as a strong motivational driver to stay or move on.
Business Case for Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Engagement
ROI – it is imperative that your Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement plan is integrated with your strategic business plans, financial goals and master development plans that are measurable in order to yield optimal and sustainable growth. Let us be your partner today with strategic planning and implementation.By consistently including and engaging your diverse talent within an equitable environment/culture, it empowers them to take calculated risks driving creativity, innovation, growth and sustainable results.™
Due to globalization, technology, changing demographics and population trends, it is essential to ensure a safe, welcoming, vibrant, culturally enriched workplace and region/state. An area robust with professional opportunities and growth will drive attraction and retention efforts of skilled talent/diverse groups, increase taxpayer base, and create opportunities to competitively leverage new markets.
Contact Us Today
For a free consultation, contact Nikeya Diversity Consulting LLC. We look forward to being of service to aid you in your efforts to create or enhance your Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Engagement strategies.